Tuesday, January 16, 2007

DAYS 17 AND 18

HI EVERYONE,
DAY 17 WAS NOT SO BAD. I WENT TO CLINIC AND GOT MORE IV FLUIDS. I AM STILL NAUSEOUS AND HAVING STOMACH PROBLEMS. THEY GIVE ME ANZMET TRHU IV. BUT THEY TELL ME I CAN DO MORE AS FAR AS MOVE AROUND MORE AND MAYBE A TOUCH OF HOUSE WORK BUT EVERY TIME I DO I HURT ALL OVER ALOT OF ACHES AND PAINS. I HAVE BEEN ABLE TO EAT AND HAVE NOT THROWN UP IN 3 DAYS BUT MY STOMACH DOES HURT AFTER I EAT. TODAY IS DAY 18TH AND I FEEL THE ACHES AND PAINS TODAY. I DID EAT SOME TOAST AND KEEP IT DOWN --I QUESS TIME WILL HEAL --I DON'T KNOW--I AM SURE GETTING TIRED OF IT BUT I CAN SAY I FEEL A LITTLE STRONGER. I JUST WISH THE STOMACH PROBLEMS AND ACHES AND PAINS WOULD GO AWAY. I DON'T HAVE TO GO TO CLINIC UNTILL THURSDAY WHICH IS GOOD BECAUSE THE WEATHER IS SO BAD --I DON'T KNOW IF I COULD EVEN MAKE IT THERE TODAY BECAUSE OF WEATHER SO THURSDAY IS NOT BAD. WE WILL SEE WHAT TOMORROW BRINGS. IS THERE SOME ONE OUT THERE WHO CAN TELL ME WHEN THINGS GET BETTER. AS FAR AS THE STOMACH AND ACHES AND PAINS? THATS ALL FOR TODAY..

5 comments:

Blanche said...

Hi Susan,
I spoke with my sister Karen last night and told her about you and she said she can't remember all that and I was with her in 1985 when she went through the same things you are facing into, so it's good to know that maybe one day you will even forget all of this.
Love you.
Aunt Blanche

Unknown said...

Hi Susan,
I'm David's wife. My name is Frances Smith. I am 46 years old. I am a teacher for NISD and teach 2nd graders. I am on my fourth cycle of treatment and have developed nuropathy on my feet and legs. I also find myself easily tired and in pain. I did have a plasmatoma and had 8 radiation treatments to remove the plasmatoma. I am still working? But have been absent 10 times this school year. Did you work before the SCT procedures? I can't imagine working while going throught SCT. This maybe my last chemo cycle because my numbers are Next should be SCT for me. What clinic do you go to? At this time my home away from home is CTRC.
You are not alone.
Frances

Don said...

Hang in there Susan. Slowly but surely you're making progress. Thinking of you ...

henk said...

Hi Susan

Good to hear your feeling better.

My only experience of being sick was 5 weeks in hospital last year when I was diagonised. One of the Chemo drugs gave me a stomach infection and I was on IV antibiotics for a week and then had some heart complications as well.

Luckily I have quite a lot of sick leave credits so I haven't had to go back to work.

We saw footage of the ice storm which sweep Texas and the mid west. In contrast we are actually having a heat wave in Melbourne with bushfires in regional Victoria. A power pylon interconnector was subject to fires and had to be closed down knocking out about 1/3 of Melbournes power affecting traffic lights, trains and whole suburbs including where I'm staying at a motel with my wife Helen and our son Julian.

The worst part was losing the airconditioner. However we went to a restaraunt in a nearby suburb where the power was on and had a very nice Vietnamese meal.

We actually live 90 minutes by car out of Melb.
Staying at the motel is better then hospitalisation and I am only a few minutes from the hospital in case I get crook.

Hope things are on the mend for you.

Kind Regards

Henk

PS to Beth I don't have a blog but I'm thinking about it. I enjoy reading Beth's blog also

Vogt Family said...

Susan,
You are almost out of the transplant woods. You will feel much better every day. I had tandem auto pscts in 8/03 and 12/03.

It is good for you to get some exercise. Walking will build your energy level.

Enjoy your blog.
Eric Vogt
Palm Desert, CA