Tuesday, February 13, 2007

DAY 46

HI EVERYONE,
WELL HERE I AM AT DAY 46 --THINGS ARE GETTING BETTER AND BETTER --I CAN DRIVE AND DO ALOT THINGS LIKE I DID BEFORE BUT I DON'T THINK MY BODY HAS FULLY RECOVERED. THE DOCTOR SAYS IN 3 MONTHS I SHOULD HAVE 75 OR 80% PERCENT OF MY STRENGTH BACK. THAT IS MUST OF MY PROBLEM NOW EXCEPT FOR STILL SOME LINGERING EFFECTS OF MY ESOPHAGUS--I SEEM TO STILL GET ALOT OF HEARTBURN AND KINDA OF A TIGHTNESS THAT HURTS MY BACK AND SUCH BUT I GUESS THAT IS STILL SOME EFFECTS OF THE CHEMO. I HAVE TO BE CAREFUL NOT TO EAT TO MUCH OR NOT TO EAT SPICY FOODS AND CAFFEINE. I CAN HAVE SOME CAFFEINE BUT NOT A LOT. BUT I DO NOT NEED NAUSEA PILLS ANYMORE. ITS KINDA HARD TO EXERCISE BECAUSE IT IS STILL COOL OR COLD OUTSIDE SO I DO WHAT I CAN INSIDE THE HOUSE BUT THAT IS KINDA LIMITED SO
OVER ALL I AM SLOWLY BUT SURELY GETTING BETTER. AND MY HUSBAND DID BUY ME THAT WATCH FROM NEIMAN MARCUS SO I AM HAPPILY SPORTING MY NEW WATCH AS I WALK AROUND MY HOUSE. IT'S A GETTING BETTER AND VALENTINE'S GIFT IN ONE. I SURE DO LOVE IT. WELL THATS IT FOR NOW. WILL KEEP YOU POSTED INA FEW DAYS. SUSAN

3 comments:

Mica said...

Hello Susan -

My name is Mica Wilhite and I found your blog by doing a google search on myeloma. I know your journey has been hard, but I am happy to see you are making progress.

My mom was 52 when she was diagnosed, but is in complete remission after an auto STC in September. We set up a blog for friends and family as well - www.paulawilhite.blogspot.com. (I think your address is more creative than ours!):-)

I have bookmarked your site and look forward to reading more posts about your progress in the future.

All the best
Mica Wilhite
mica_wilhite@hotmail.com
Psalm 27:13

henk said...

Good to hear your getting on well. I'm ok too, everyday gets better with a few lapses now and then.

I still have my snooze in the arvo to give me a boost during the day.

I've had the lawn mower out and have been catching up with the lawns early in the morning when its cool.

The summer's good with lots of fruit and vegies from the garden. We have been making plum and blackberry jam this week.

However some hot days get uncomfortable and sometimes I get cool some nights when the windows have been left open. Hard to get the temp right with a shaved head!


Kind Regards
Henk
Australia

crissy said...

Hi Susan
So glad you better. I'm a GI nurse and I just wondered if you have tried elevating the head of you bed and not eating for at least 3 hours before bedtime. Also a yeast infection of the esophagus(commonly caused by chemo) can be the culprit of heartburn not remedied by common treatments and medications which I assume you are on. I'm a little behind, have you seen a Gastroenterologist?

I continue to print out your blog's for my husband to read. We are not far away from his SCT now and your continued recovery seems to help alleviate his fears. Thank you so much for sharing your story.

I'm trying to save a little extra money to get him a wireless lap top
so he can join in himself. Funds are limited but I know it would really help him while he's going through this.
God Bless You