Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Day 40

Hi everyone,
Well i am doing alot better. I still do not have all of my strength back but i can do alot more very slowly--of course i do take a nap and sit down if i feel tierd but over all i continue to get better. Each day is a new challenge. Henk i hope you are doing okay what did your oncologist have to say? I find that my head is extremely sensitive to the cold air or just in general i can't wait to get my hair back. But my appetite has fully come back and Don i quess that man you talked to is right your appetite is back before the energy level but i have not gained to much weight. i try to do alittle something every day even if it's just a little house work. i don't feel back to normal but this is much better then before i can eat and enjoy my food and not throw it up and i am adjusting to the smells its getting better not every thing makes me sick now. i can tolerate the smell of my dog and such when i couldn't before every thing made me sick. So for now i just rest and i go to see my regular oncologist on Feb 23 to see how my blood counts are and such. will keep you posted.
Susan

2 comments:

Don said...

Wow that's a wonderful post, Susan. I'm so glad that you're getting better day by day.

henk said...

Hi Susan

Glad to read that you are well and getting about more and more each day.

The oncologist report was good, my counts have improved again, most of them on the threshold of the normal range with the Neut's over.

My regular Prof is away so I was seen by one of his colleagues. The result of my Paraprotein test won't be known till my next visit but he said it might be a few months before they know can assess how the transplant went. He mentioned the possibility of maint therapy with Thalidomide & Steriods.

I woke up a bit off colour yesterday but my temp was ok and this morning I'm feeling alright again. Could be tiredness from the appointment on Monday when it was around 38c or 100F.

Regarding hair, at nighttime I'm sensitive to the cool of the house and early in the morning I've got my beany on.

My appetite's good but the taste buds are a bit out. I usually have a couple cups of coffee a day but it just doesn't taste right now and it seems too strong, so I'm mainly drinking white tea. I was having 2 naps a day but this has become one in the arvo now.

I'm also lucky its summer as the fruit trees are bearing ripe fruit in turn. So far we've had necturines, plums of various sorts, pears and apples. Also Helen's planted vegies which we are eating now so I'm well looked after.

I'm looking forward to having more energy too there are a lot of jobs to get on with.

Kind Regards

Henk