Tuesday, January 23, 2007

DAY 25

WELL FOLKS,
YESTERDAY WAS NOT SO GOOD I GOT UP TO GET READY TO GO TO THE CLINIC AND I WENT TO BRUSH MY TEETH AND IT GAGGED ME SO I THREW UP AND THAT STARTED THE NAUSEA AGAIN SO I WENT INTO CLINIC AND GOT SOME ANTI-NAUSEA THRU THE IV. THE DOCTOR IS TRYING TO SEND ME BACK TO MY ORIGINAL ONCOLOGIST --I HAVE AN APPOINTMENT WITH HIM ON FRIDAY AND I DON'T GO SEE THE TRANSPLANT DOCTOR TILL MONDAY. I GUESS HE IS TRYING TO WEEN ME OFF OF THE CLINIC. I AM STILL HAVING STOMACH PROBLEMS I GUESS THAT WILL COME WITH TIME. I MAY JUST BE ABLE TO GET MY CATHETER OUT ON WED. OR THURSDAY. I AM HOPING AND PRAYING FOR THAT. I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF THIS THING. TODAY I AM OKAY THE DOCTOR GAVE ME THE PILL FORM OF THE IV VERSION OF THE ANTI-NAUSEA STUFF SO WE'LL SEE HOW TODAY GOES. I AM ALITTLE STRONGER EACH DAY IF MY STOMACH PROBLEMS WOULD JUST LET UP . WELL THEY SAY IT JUST TAKES TIME SO ONLY TIME WILL TELL. --SUSAN

3 comments:

Jim said...

Hi Susan,
Just wanted to wish you all the best. I hope you get an amount of remission time equal to the courage you have shown, which would mean years and years.
I am the caregiver to my wife, Jane, and she may wind up having a SCT before it is over with. You will be in our prayers.
Your friends in Florida,
Jim and Jane

Don said...

Ditto what Jim said, if the world is fair you are earning eternal remission! But you're hanging in there and I'm proud of you. One step back and two forward. Still praying for you.

Beth said...

Hi Susan,

I'm sorry about the nausea. If you can, get some Zofran. It's in a pill form that dissolves under your tongue and works really well. For me, nausea is a nightmare because I'm phobic about it. I'm counting on the drugs to get me through. :)

How are your counts doing?

Beth